Chuang Yong Eng
Scholarship & Bursary
The Chuang Yong Eng Scholarship & Bursary is set up in honour of Madam Chuang Yong Eng, Zhonghua Alumni Association founding President. The scholarship and bursary is awarded to outstanding alumni of Zhonghua Secondary School (who excel in either academic, sports or the arts) pursuing a full-time tertiary education in Singapore.
The Zhonghua Alumni Association warmly invites eligible alumni to apply for the Chuang Yong Eng Scholarship & Bursary 2020.
- Open to Singapore Citizens only.
- Applicants must be at least an associate member of the Zhonghua Alumni Association at the point of application.
- Possess good results in GCE ‘O’ level, GCE ‘A’ level, local polytechnic diploma, NUS High School diploma, IB diploma or equivalent qualifications.
- Good co-curricular activities record.
- Good leadership qualities and potential.
- For bursary application, the applicant’s household per capita income must not exceed S$1,000 per month
- Applicants must be pursuing a full-time tertiary education in one of the following local institutions – NUS, NTU, SMU, SUTD, SIT, SUSS, LASALLE College of the Arts, Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts, Singapore Polytechnic, Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Nanyang Polytechnic, Temasek Polytechnic and Republic Polytechnic.
Benefits of the Award:
- Full ONE-year tuition fees (after MOE Tuition Grant subsidy) for the accepted course/programme to be pursued in a local institution (as listed above).
- If the applicant/recipient is currently studying in one of the above listed local institutions, the award will cover his/her ONE-year tuition fees (after MOE Tuition Grant subsidy) for the next academic year.
- The awarded tuition fees will be paid directly to the institution where the recipient is studying.
- The award is bond-free.
Terms and Conditions:
- The award recipient must not concurrently hold any other scholarships, bursaries or awards without prior approval from the Zhonghua Alumni Association.
- The scholarship and bursary may be withdrawn at any time if the recipient’s behaviour and conduct in the institution is deemed undesirable.
- The decision of the Scholarship and Bursary Award Committee shall be final. Any enquiries or disputes with regard to its decisions will not be entertained. All documents submitted with the application will not be returned.
- The Secretariat of Zhonghua Alumni Association will notify the successful applicants by post in due course. All Scholarship and Bursary recipients must attend the presentation ceremony (in June) personally and may not be excused unless written explanation has been given and accepted by the Scholarship and Bursary Award Committee.
- The Scholarship and Bursary Award Committee reserves the right to amend any of these terms and conditions.
Application Process and Timeline
- Application and supporting documents are to be submitted online via the scholarship and bursary application link.
- The application portal will be opened from 1st-24th April 2020. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview between the period of April-May 2020.
- Recipients of the scholarship and bursary awards will be informed by end May / early June 2020.
Enquiries on the Chuang Yong Eng Scholarship & Bursary can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The applicant needs to get ready the following documents in digital copy before proceeding to the online application form.
Documents to be submitted along with this scholarship/bursary application form
1) Copies of Birth Certificate and NRIC
2) Copies of all academic results and educational certificates including
recent secondary four school prelim results (if applicable)
3) Copies of all co-curricular activity (CCA) records and academic & non-
4) Copies of GCE O Level / GCE A Level / polytechnic diploma results
5) Letter of Acceptance from the relevant educational institution (if
6) Zhonghua Alumni Association Membership Number
7) Copy of Certificate of Conduct for those who have completed National
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews
*Applicant needs to be both a Singapore citizen AND Zhonghua Alumni Association member
If you have applied for the Alumni Membership, but yet to receive your Membership Number, please contact ZHAA at email@example.com.
If you have not applied for the Alumni Membership, please click here to apply.
Once you have all the above-mentioned documents ready, Click here to proceed to the Online Application Form